COVID-19 Guidance for Getting Back on the Green.
Phase 1 – Bowls included in extension to daily exercise guidelines (22nd MAY 2020).
Effective from: 29th May 2020
Craigentinny Bowling Club following the Guidelines and support issued by Bowls Scotland relating to COVID-19, including ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all members of Craigentinny Bowling Club.
The Management Committee of Craigentinny Bowling Club in complying with the Guidelines given by Bowls Scotland have decided to open the green for a 1 hour period of exercise to all members as from Monday 1st June 2020.
This guidance is split into five sections and will be subject to review once Bowls Scotland issues further advice and guidance:
1. Guidance for All Members:
• Club house facilities (including toilets) remain closed until further notice. However, where entry to the club house is necessary (i.e. in emergency) members must enter and exit one at a time, ensuring physical distancing guidance is adhered to at all times. Members should not cluster within the club facility.
• The club house and locker room facilities will remain closed, limited essential access for example to remove bowls and shoes may be allowed by the club and coordinated appropriately. Once these items have been recovered they should be taken home with you for future use and not returned to your locker.
• There will be no club friendlies, internal competitions/club ties or external matches taking place whatsoever.
• No alcohol consumption to take place before, during and after play at the club and we encourage all members not to smoke/vape/electronic cigarettes at the green.
• No spectators unless they are attending under special circumstances, i.e.(if they are a carer or accompanying under 16`s).
• A Booking system will be in place.
• All club volunteers should work from home (where possible) apart from Greenkeepers who can maintain the green as per guidelines set out on the Bowls Scotland website.
• Risk assessments for all relevant areas of the club have been carried out by the Committee in line with the guidelines given by Bowls Scotland.
• Club meetings should not be held face to face.
• The 2m social distancing rule must always be observed on and off the green.
2. Guidance for Players:
• Players who have COVID-19 symptoms or if anyone in their household that displays symptoms, those players should stay at home and follow NHS guidance. No one who is self-isolating should attend the club.
• If a player/s are deemed at a higher risk and have health issues (those aged over 70 and/or those with chronic medical conditions or compromised immune systems), they should remain at home until Scottish Government Guidelines change.
• Players who are 70 and over can play but should follow Scottish Government guidelines to make their own decision about returning to the green.
• Players who are shielding should not attend the club.
• The Scottish Government is encouraging people to stay local to exercise with a rough 5 mile travel distance acceptable. Club members should take a common sense approach and use good judgement. This is and individual decision and the club will not be expected to monitor or police.
• Members who require mobility support should contact a member of the Committee prior to making a booking.
3. Rink Booking:
• a Booking system has been introduced for booking and allocation of rink times that ensures the safety of Players
• All rinks can be booked through the Website www.craigentinnybc.co.uk. The committee believe this to be the fairest way to allocate and manage the rinks for all member wishing to used them. Whilst it is appreciated not all members are familiar with a computer the Committee request you ask a friend or family member to make the booking on your behalf. If you are not able to have anyone make the booking on your behalf then please contact President Davy Rae (07508559659) between 10:00 – 10:30am Monday – Friday who will complete the booking for you.
• Rink bookings will be for a maximum period of 1 hour per person per day exercise, rollover bookings will not be permitted.
• There must be one rink space (an empty rink) between each rink in use the format is as follows, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Friday Greens 1, 3 & 5 available between 11:30 – 20:30 & Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday Greens 2,4 & 6 available between 11:30 – 20:30.
• All disputes regarding rink bookings will be reviewed by the Committee, in the first instance players should contact the Secretary 07504879244 if the Secretary Cannot be contacted then the player who has proof of the conformation will have priority of the rink.
• Vacant rinks must not be used unless booked through the booking system. please don’t assume because a rink is vacant is ok for you to use because it is not. If in doubt book it.
• Should you need to cancel your booking please contact the Secretary 07504879244.
4. Before Play:
• It is advised that players do not arrive until 5 minutes before play and must observe the Social Distancing 2 metre rule and stay outside the parameters of the club until it is safe to enter, and the previous players have left.
• Players should always practice safe hygiene and bring their own hand sanitiser and use this throughout play
• On arrival players should go to their allocated green, mats and jacks can be collected from the boxes placed near the locker room entrance. if you are playing with another member please take 1 mat and 1 jack each these should not be shared.
• Players should only play individually, or a maximum of 4 people (1 Pairs Game) can play together with members of their own household or between members of two households where social distancing can be maintained.
• Players will be limited to a maximum of 1 hour exercise on the green per person per day, rollover bookings are not permitted (i.e. a member books a time slot and plays with another member and the other member books the next time slot and plays with the same member).
• The 2m social distancing rule must always be observed on and off the green .
• Other bowls equipment cannot be shared between players (e.g. cloths, measures etc).
• Players should not pick up any other players bowl that doesn’t belong to them.
• Share equipment out with your rink- e.g. cloths, measures, etc.
• Moisten their hands with saliva before delivery.
• Shake hands, high-five or have any physical contact with other people on the green (out with their household).
• As a suggestion jacks or mats can be set at short, medium or long by the same player after each end rather than rolling the jack down the rink for position.
Play ends when you’re hour is complete and bowling should not continue into the time set aside for Disinfecting equipment.
• After Play, there is a 30 minutes time slot between bookings to minimise the number of players arriving and leaving at any one time players must make sure they have sanitised the mats, jacks and their hands immediately after conclusion of play.
• Disinfectant spray has been made available by the club. Players must use the disinfectant spray after each game to cleanse all mats and jacks (ensure these are completely dry of disinfectant before use on the green again). More information is available here https://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/web-resources-container/covid-19-guidance-for-non-healthcaresettings/
• Mats and jacks should be cleaned additionally at the end of the day and before the start of sessions the following morning.
• Players should use separate mats and jacks during play (proved), whichever player collects the mats and jack is responsible for all contact with the equipment before, during and after the game.
All other Bowls Scotland policies and procedures must be adhered to.
All members of Craigentinny Bowling Club are responsible for ensuring the Club and Members comply with Scottish Government legislation and follow the guidance outlined within this document.